One of my favorite things is to enjoy great food. I plan my days around eating and this only gets worse on weekends or when traveling. My husband always says all I care about is food… and that’s not too far from the truth! I scope out where to eat, when to eat, and of course what snacks will be in between meals.
I love so many restaurants around the Walt Disney property and am currently on a mission to dine in at least one different restaurant each time I visit. But nothing compares to some of the delicious Disney snacks throughout the parks and hotels!
Here are a few of my favorite snacks at Walt Disney World:
- Traditional Mickey Ice Cream Bar
- Found at: anywhere around the property! In parks at carts, hotels in the gift shop, some quick take restaurants
- Everything tastes better when it’s Mickey shaped! You can’t go wrong with vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate, especially in the Florida heat.
- Macaroon Ice Cream Sandwich
- Found at: Epcot, France, L’Artisan des Glaces
- Featuring chocolate or a seasonal flavor – shown is strawberry – this hidden gem ice cream parlor is tucked behind Chefs de France.
- Pineapple Dole Whip
- Found at: Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom, The Polynesian Resort, or Epcot During Flower & Garden Festival spiked with rum
- Dole Whips have become so popular at Disney they even have their own t-shirts. These used to be at the Sunset Tree Terrace and offered orange, pineapple or vanilla-pineapple swirl options. The pineapple float was always my favorite, pineapple soft-serve filled over pineapple juice and that’s what you can still enjoy today.
- Empanadas Con Queso
- Found at: Epcot, Mexico, La Cantina de San Angel
- My younger cousin used to refer to these as cheese pockets and beg for them on any Disney trip. They are on the kids or adult menu and worth sharing with the table.
- Jalapeño Cheddar Mickey Pretzel
- Was Found At: Animal Kingdom
- This was discontinued for some reason in mid-2016 but be on the lookout if it comes back. This Mickey shaped carb-ridden treat has diced jalapeños baked into the dough and is stuffed with cheddar. Perfect to keep you going as you run through the park!
- Beaver Tails
- Was Found At: Epcot Canada Pavilion
- Do any of you remember these? An oval pastry, shaped like a beaver tail, covered in fruit and whipped cream of your choice. Sold from some burly guys in flannel shirts, this was a favorite of mine in middle & high school!
- Crepe Cart at the Boardwalk
- Was Found At: The Boardwalk
- Ham & Cheese, Strawberries & Cream, Chocolate Banana… these super light filled pastries were our go-to when staying at our home base resort. I believe they still have crepes at one of the walk-up stands but they just are not the same!
What snacks have you found throughout the parks worth sharing?