Disney really is a magical place to visit and is an excellent option for celebrating your happily ever after! In my next few posts I’ll give you my best recommendations to make your honeymoon, or romantic getaway, special and memorable. Some of my recommendations on places to eat or things to do will be a little pricey – but hey, it’s your special trip! Why not splurge a little?
First Things First
- Sign up for an account on MyDisneyExperience.com
- Link your hotel resort reservations using the 16 digit confirmation number
- Make sure your room reservation is flagged as your honeymoon. When you check in you will receive Just Married pins and maybe some other surprises!
- You can make dining reservations 180 days in advance, so flag this date on your calendar
- You can set up Fastpasses 60 days in advance of your check-in date, so DEFINITELY flag this date on your calendar
- To do this you’ll need to have purchased park passes already and have them linked to your My Disney Experience Account.
- I always love the Park Hopper option so there is flexibility to bounce from park to park, but it’s definitely not needed.
- If you are a member, AAA has a minor discount.
- You can shop around on a website like Undercover Tourist, but I prefer to buy either at AAA or direct from Disney to be sure I’m getting the most accurate tickets. Also, be sure to check with your employer if they offer any discounts or promos – especially if you work for a larger company!
- Finalize your Magic Band colors & names – I labeled ours as ‘Bride’ & ‘Groom’! Maybe you want to do Mr. & Mrs. or Prince & Princess. Whatever it is, make it less than 9 characters! Get creative for and instead of just your names you’ll have another memento of your wedding.
Up next in my ‘Planning a Disney Honeymoon’ series I’ll tell you the best places to grab a great cocktail, enjoy a romantic meal, and give ideas for nightlife options and non-park things to do.